C 1. Close any other program that maybe using your camera and microphone SKYPE, ZOOM etc.
2. Refresh your browser on a regular basis to prevent your screen "freezing” by pressing cntrl "R"
3. Change the default Settings: select the grey “cog” in the bottom right-hand corner. The default card display is a little small – select a larger card by changing “Display Style” to “Simplified Cards”
4. ALERTS: there are several methods to alert. We are using self-alert: Press the “Alert” tab. Write the explanation below your bid (your partner can’t see it)
5. If your computer is too slow, freezing or you wish to save data – you can:
a. Switch off your camera by clicking on the camera (looks like a hot water bottle) to the left of your name in the grey band
b. Switch off the opponent’s video on your computer by clicking on the "eye" to the right of your name in the grey band
c. Mute your microphone by clicking on the microphone to the right of your name in the grey band
d. Mute the opponents' microphones by clicking on the microphones alongside their names
· SELF ALERT: press the “Alert” strip alongside the bidding box and then simultaneously type the explanation below the bid.
· UNDOs POLICY: “UNDOs” are permitted during the auction but not during the play of the hand. (Realbridge: does allow you to change your default to Double-click).
· REFRESH YOUR BROWSER – press “Ctrl R”. Refresh your browser every 5 – 10 hands
· EXTRANEOUS NOISES: please turn off all TVs , radios and keep communications on your phone to a minimum.
For those of you who are not overly familiar with Realbridge please do the following:
Go to the RealBridge website and select the Guides and Training menu item and Player Guide submenu item which contains all the information you require for a good understanding of playing on RealBridge including:
a) logging in (you don't need a specific id),
b) testing your camera and microphone, and
c) general settings (of particular importance to anyone playing on a tablet!).
For an explanation on how to use the RealBridge scores and results during play and immediately afterwards go to: https://realbridge.online/player-guide.html and scroll down the page to “Scores and Results”. You can access travellers, cross imps and overall team scores by round.
All RealBridge hands remain on their database, to access them use the “link” that was provided to login into the original game.